A peanut butter cookie is a type of cookie that is distinguished for having peanut butter as a principal ingredient. The cookie generally originated in the United States, its development dating back to the 1910s.The early peanut butter cookies were rolled thin and cut into shapes. They were also dropped and made into balls. They did not have fork marks. The first reference to the famous criss-cross marks created with fork tines was published in the Schenectady Gazette on July 1, 1932.
Here are the directions to make Peanut Butter Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix the peanut butter and the sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, then add the baking soda, salt and the vanilla essence.
- Roll dough into walnut size balls, place on the baking sheet giving them room to spread, press down slightly with a wet fork.
- Bake for 8 to ten minutes, remove from the oven and leave them on the baking sheet to cool for a few minutes, they will be very soft at this stage, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.